CLA Library Research and Development Grants
Posted by CLA Govt Library and Info Mgmt Professionals Network on 2010/01/17
Are you conducting research in the field of library and information services?
The Canadian Library Association can help!
Each year CLA awards one or more research and development grants totalling $1,000 to personal members of the Association.
- support theoretical and applied research in the field of library and information services.
- encourage and support research undertaken by practitioners in the field of library and information services
- promote research in the field of library and information services by and/or about Canadians
Recently supported research projects have included:
- A Qualitative Analysis of Public Library Architecture and the Use of Public Space in Libraries by Persons Experiencing Homelessness
- Working Together: Brock University Library’s New Learning Commons
- Living History: The Survival of Carnegie Libraries in Ontario;
- Building an Effective M-library to Support Mobile Learning;
- Studying the Use of Research Leave Provisions by Canadian Academic Librarians;
- History of the Library of Parliament; and
- Internet Access Policies of Canadian Libraries in the Public Sector.
The deadline to submit your proposal is February 28th, 2010.
For more information please visit http://www.cla.ca/awards/grants.htm