Towards a New Canadian Library Association
Posted by CLA Govt Library and Info Mgmt Professionals Network on 2011/04/26
To all CLA members:
The following resolution will be brought forward for a vote by members at the upcoming CLA Annual General Meeting:
Resolution: Moved to adopt the new CLA Constitution and Bylaws as distributed to the members on 26 April 2011.
The supporting documentation for this resolution includes:
- the resolution with an overview of the major changes
- a document with three columns containing the existing and revised articles and bylaws with notes explaining the changes
- a copy of the Future Plan with the page numbers as referenced in the notes
- a “clean” copy of the proposed revised Constitution and Bylaws
- the approved 2011 budget summary (in its new format)
- notes on the 2011 budget summary
The 2011 CLA AGM will take place on Thursday 26 May 2011 from 4:00-6:00pm at the World Trade and Convention Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia. There will be a resolutions hearing from 1:00-2:00 pm on Thursday 26 May at the same location.
Canadian Library Association