University of Alberta to Launch Online MLIS Program
Posted by CLA Govt Library and Info Mgmt Professionals Network on 2012/05/25
The University of Alberta’s fully online, ALA-accredited Master of Library and Information Studies (MLIS) program will be launching soon. The program will offer the convenience and flexibility that you need to prepare for a career in the information studies profession. At SLIS, we provide you with the foundational knowledge and specialized skills necessary for leadership roles in libraries and other information organizations through your choice of elective streams – the MLIS in Small & Medium-Sized Public Libraries.
The anticipated start date for this program will be Fall 2013.
If you would like to be emailed when more information becomes available, you can subscribe to updates by emailing email@example.com with your name and email address.
Highlights of the Program:
- No residential requirements
- 18 Credits in core courses – LIS 501, 502, 503, 504, & two technology courses.
- 30 Credits in elective stream
- Electronic Portfolio Capping Exercise
- Supportive, cohort-based online learning environment
- Opportunities to engage with professional communities
- Affordable tuition