Countdown to CLA 2013 Conference & Trade Show
Posted by Govt Library and Info Mgmt Professionals Network on 2013-05-07
- Online registration is available until May 15, 2013. (Registration after the 15th will be available on-site.)
Title: Hot Topic: Pan-Canadian Data Collection
Date: Thursday, May 30
Time: 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
Counting Opinions is committed to facilitating a pan-Canadian data collection. CLA Executive Council has established a Library Statistics and Values Task Force to follow up on recommendations made in the National Statistical and Values Profile of Canadian Libraries Report, one of which called for “common operational definitions for valid, reliable, inclusive data”. Available in other jurisdictions, Canada, also needs a solution. Why? Libraries of all types need to better demonstrate value to their stakeholders and funders. As such, access to quality, timely “benchmarking data” in support of policy development, operational effectiveness, budgets, grants, and advocacy requirements is paramount.
- Lindsay Thompson, Director, States and Provinces, Counting Opinions (SQUIRE) Ltd.
- Pilar Martinez, CLA President
Title: CLA Members, Global Players
Date: Friday, May 31
Time: 8:30 am to 10:00 am
Increasingly, issues that directly impact the work of libraries are being debated and decided in international forums. Meet some of the CLA members who are actively engaged in these international activities, and learn about key issues affecting libraries both nationally and internationally, including copyright, statistics, e-lending and bibliographic control. You’ll be inspired to get involved!
- Christina De Castell, Director, Resources & Technology, Vancouver Public Library
- Julie McKinnon, Deputy Library Director, Regina Public Library
- Kelly Moore, Executive Director, Canadian Library Association
- Christine Oliver, Coordinator of Cataloguing & Authorities, McGill University
- Victoria Owen, Head Librarian, University of Toronto, Scarborough
- Ingrid Parent, President, International Federation of Library Associations & Institutions
- Convenor: Pilar Martinez, CLA President
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.